Excellence Has No Gender: Dame Priscilla Kuye and Mrs. Oyinkasola Badejo-Okusanya SAN, FCIArb

 



Excellence Has No Gender: Dame Priscilla Kuye and Mrs. Oyinkasola Badejo-Okusanya SAN, FCIArb

The first time I heard the name Oyinkansola Badejo-Okusanya, SAN, FCIArb was during one of my ADR lectures anchored by Dr. Obinna Okereke. While the lecture was ongoing, the lecturer distributed papers containing the profiles of some eminent personalities in the Nigerian ADR sector. One of those personalities was Mrs. Oyinkasola Badejo-Okusanya, SAN. A colleague stood up to read her profile aloud. It was inspiring and worthy of emulation. She has gone far in ADR practice and has set a standard for many of us coming behind.  In furtherance to the profile that was read, Dr. Okereke told us a few more things about her. My colleague and I looked at each other and saw in her a giant to look up to.  

Without mincing words, I later got to know that she was one of the aspirants for the NBA Presidential Election. I have always admired people who rise up to change old and conservative narratives. I wished her well.  

At the conclusion of the NBA Elections 2026, despite the glitches, what remained undeniable was this: her courage, competence, and excellence spoke louder than gender.  Dame Priscilla Kuye and Mrs. Oyinkasola Badejo-Okusanya SAN are proof that excellence has no gender. They have both broken barriers, mentored generations, and shown that leadership in law is about capacity, not chromosomes.  


To every young female lawyer and law student reading this: the ceiling is glass, and it can be broken. Let their stories remind us that we can aspire, we can lead, and we can excel. Arise to change the narration. 


Congratulations on this milestone and historic achievement Oyinkansola Badejo-Okusanya, SAN, FCIArb 🎉 🎉 👏 🎉 


#ExcellenceHasNoGender #WomenInLaw

#BBOLD

#Arisetochangethenarration

 #NBA

 #ADR


SI OLAWUNI. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More